Friday, August 14, 2009

Here Today... Ghana Tomorrow

Hello Everyone!
Meg and I just wanted to test out the blog before we actually get to Ghana. I am meeting her tomorrow at Dulles Airport before we depart to Accra, Ghana by way of London. Our layover is only 4 hours in England, so unfortunately I don't think we will have the chance to go find Prince Harry or even see Big Ben. We will arrive in Accra, Ghana at around 8pm their time, which is 3pm EST on August 16 (Sunday). I am hoping Meg knows how we are getting from the airport to the convent because I certainly have no idea. Just so everyone understands... Meg is the organized one behind this adventure (And just so no one is scared... The Sisters will be there waiting for us I believe).

We are both looking forward to keeping everyone informed about our adventure, and we hope you will keep us posted about what is going on here in the US. Thank you to everyone who has given us the constant support and well wishes as we embark on this journey together.

Talk to you soon from Ghana,
Katie and Megan

6 comments:

  1. Megan,

    When you read this post you will have arrived in Kasoa, your new home for the next year. I pray your very long journey went smoothly and you are safe and sound in Africa. I've been moping about the house, trying to figure out how we're going to fill this very large space you've left behind. I decided I would just be the first to leave a comment on your blog.

    The adventure has begun and I can't wait to read and hear about it. Stay safe, have fun, and experience it all!

    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,

    Your mom's note made me cry as we all miss you so much already and it is less than 24 hours since you left.

    Quick update to say Adam did OK last evening. He ate a bowl of my vege soup, an apple with p-nut butter and micro wave popcorn. Dave and him cranked up the TV in the basement and watched the movie Watchman - 3 hours long. He is still sleeping but needs to get up for 10:30 am mass.

    The long distance relationship box you made him is incredible.

    Can't stop thinking about you and your family.

    Love
    Kathy (aka the future mother in law)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Megan, Just wanted to say Hi and to tell you I have been thinking of you today! Several times I looked up into the sky and wondered where in the sky you were. It is late Sunday as I write this and you are probably trying to get your first night's sleep. Sweet dreams and know that I love you and you are always in my prayers!
    Love, Aunt Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Megan, I've been thinking about you and the long flight. Hope you arrived safely. Enjoy your wonderful journey. Can't wait to read about your adventure.
    Judy Schon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear...best of luck for your safe journey....... you can also book your cheap flights from Cheap Flights to Accra .........

    ReplyDelete